Alice Springs Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Alice Springs Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing alicesprings.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Alice Springs for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Alice Springs?
Alice Springs Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and around Alice Springs
Alice Springs is known for its stunning beauty, iconic landmarks, and rich cultural heritage. The town and the surrounding areas are home to several galleries, museums, and historical venues that showcase the art, history, and culture of the region. Here are some of the sites that you can visit in and around Alice Springs.
1. Araluen Arts Centre - Located at Larapinta Drive, the Araluen Arts Centre is a renowned cultural facility that exhibits art collections and performances from Northern Territory and other parts of the country. The gallery has a collection of contemporary and traditional artworks and hosts several events, including exhibitions, workshops, and concerts.
2. Mbantua Fine Art Gallery - Situated on Todd Mall, the Mbantua Fine Art Gallery displays and sells contemporary indigenous art, including paintings, sculptures, and crafts.
3. Muk Muk Fine Art Gallery - Found on Gregory Terrace, the Muk Muk Fine Art Gallery specializes in contemporary indigenous and non-indigenous art pieces, including paintings, prints, and sculptures. The gallery also sells crafts, ceramics, and jewelry.
1. Museum of Central Australia - Located on Simpson Street, the Museum of Central Australia showcases the natural and cultural history of the region, including the flora, fauna, geology, and indigenous culture. The museum has exhibits on paleontology, anthropology, and archeology, along with several artifacts and specimens.
2. National Road Transport Hall of Fame - Situated on Larapinta Drive, the National Road Transport Hall of Fame is a museum dedicated to the history and evolution of road transport in Australia. The museum has a collection of trucks, buses, and other vehicles, along with several exhibits on the transport industry.
3. Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve - Found on Herbert Heritage Drive, the Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve is a site that commemorates the establishment of the Overland Telegraph Line in 1872. The site has preserved several original buildings, including the Telegraph Station, the Post Office, and the Police Station, along with other exhibits and displays on the telegraph line and the town's history.
1. Alice Springs Reptile Centre - Located on Stuart Highway, the Alice Springs Reptile Centre is a venue that showcases the reptiles and other animals found in the region. The center has exhibits on snakes, lizards, crocodiles, and other reptiles, along with several shows and demonstrations.
2. Olive Pink Botanic Garden - Situated on Tuncks Road, the Olive Pink Botanic Garden is a venue that features the native flora and fauna of Central Australia. The garden has a collection of plants and trees, along with several walking tracks, picnic spots, and a visitor center.
3. Todd Mall Markets - Found on Todd Mall, the Todd Mall Markets are a historical venue that showcases the arts, crafts, and cultural heritage of the region. The markets are held every Sunday and feature over 200 stalls selling local arts and crafts, food, and other products.
Alice Springs and the surrounding areas offer several galleries, museums, and historical venues that exhibit the art, history, and culture of the region. The sites listed above are just a few of the many places that you can visit and explore in this beautiful and unique part of Australia.
Alice Springs Galleries and Museums Articles